Audio Routing Troubleshooting
In this article, we run through common troubleshooting steps for users experiencing audio routing issues, often resulting in no sound when using GENOME both live with your instrument and/or playing-back recorded audio.
When Playing GENOME Live With Your Instrument
- Check your audio interface routing inside your DAW: Select the correct input of your audio interface where your instrument is connected via your DAW's audio track input configuration options
- Check your direct monitoring setup in your DAW or on your audio interface. Direct monitoring is needed to hear your processed guitar signal through your DAW while playing live.
When Applying GENOME to a Track Featuring Recorded Audio
Depending on the configuration and Components used in your GENOME RIG, there are a number of factors that can contribute to no - or partial - audio playback:
- When splitting a LANE, check the settings at the merge point through the LANE MERGE Mixer. Each split lane (LANE A & LANE B) has independent LEVEL and Mute (M) settings - ensure these are set appropriately.
- Check your mics in the DynIR component; both Microphone Channels feature independent LEVEL and Mute (M) settings - ensure these are set appropriately.
- Check your IR Channels within the IR LOADER component; both Channels feature independent LEVEL and Mute (M) settings - ensure these are set appropriately.
Finally, GENOME includes a master OUT level that can be set to -95 dB, muting the signal at the plugin output - ensure this is set appropriately.
Our support team is here to assist you! For any enquiries, please head over to our Help Desk
and submit a ticket to speak directly to one of our in-house specialists.
Using GENOME with a Stereo Amp DI
In the following knowledgebase article we highlight how to configure GENOME - or multiple instances of GENOME - to work alongside a Stereo DI signal, be it a Pedalboard, Physical Amp / Loadbox or Modelling Processor. What is a Stereo DI? A Stereo DI ...
How does GENOME handle mono & stereo signals
In the following knowledge-base article we highlight how GENOME is configured for Mono and Stereo Signal processing both at the input stage and within the component level processing of the application. GENOME's Input Stage GENOME (V1.03) has been ...
How to Use GENOME with the ReVolt Series
GENOME has been specified to work seamlessly alongside our all analog amp simulator series, The ReVolt Series. Considerations for all ReVolt Series Setup Scenarios As GENOME is a plugin application, you will need to have the following studio ...
Best Practice When Using GENOME's Component Arsenal
In the following support article we take a look at some top tips when structuring your RIG using GENOME’s ever expanding suite of TSM Amplifiers, CODEX Captures, DynIR Engine / IR Loader and PEDALS. NOISE GATE GENOME’s Noise Gate is positioned at the ...
Using GENOME in Garageband
In the following knowledgebase article we highlight how to configure Garageband for use alongside GENOME. Setting Up and Configuring Your Audio Interface and DAW As a starting point, connect your Guitar or Bass to a compatible Audio Interface and ...