I Cannot Hear the Torpedo Cab Sim in my Physical Cabinet - Why?
When you use a Torpedo device equipped with DSP-powered cabinet simulation (namely Captor X, Captor, Live, Studio, C.A.B. M, C.A.B. M+ or OPUS) and your amp with a cabinet, you will not hear the Torpedo cab sim / DSP processing via your cabinet.
For Torpedo Captor, Captor X, Live & Studio
- The amp is connected to the load box. The SPEAKER OUTPUT is connected too to the load box. When you connect a cabinet to the SPEAKER OUTPUT you are receiving the amp signal, which in the case of the Captor and Captor X, can be attenuated.
- The signal coming from the amp is taken from the load box to then feed all the Torpedo (or analog cab sim in the case of Captor) processing to send this signal out of the DI and Line outputs (XLR or Jack). This derived signal is not linked at any time to the SPEAKER OUTPUT. It cannot be sent to the speaker outputs.
- You can only hear the cab sim and all the attached effects and parameters using the Line outputs (XLR or Jack) through your audio interface/monitors/PA.
For Torpedo C.A.B M, C.A.B. M+ & OPUS
- The SPEAKER OUT is directly linked to the AMP/INST/LINE IN . The signal coming out of the SPEAKER OUT is exactly the signal coming in the pedal, unaffected. The signal does not go through any of the Torpedo processing.
- To hear the cab sim and other audio treatments applied by the Torpedo C.A.B M, C.A.B. M+ or OPUS, you need to use the DI, line or headphone outputs.
Our support team is here to assist you! For any enquiries, please head over to our Help Desk and submit a ticket to speak directly to one of our in-house specialists.
What are the Differences Between Torpedo Captor X and Combination of a Torpedo Captor and Torpedo C.A.B. M/C.A.B. M+/OPUS?
The Torpedo Captor X and the combination of a Torpedo Captor with a Torpedo C.A.B. M/C.A.B. M+/OPUS share similar functions, but they also have many differences. If you are uncertain about which one to get, this article will detail their similarities ...
How to Connect to my OPUS, Torpedo C.A.B. M+ or Torpedo Captor X to the Torpedo Wireless Remote Application?
To use the Torpedo Wireless Remote Application with OPUS, Torpedo C.A.B. M+ or Torpedo Captor X, the following procedure needs to be actioned: Ensure that Bluetooth is enabled on your tablet or smartphone Do not pair OPUS, Torpedo C.A.B. M+ or ...
Using the Torpedo Captor X With a Cabinet
When using Captor X as an attenuator in tandem with a Cabinet, a summary of the resultant impedance behaviour is summarised below: VOLUME LEVEL set to the FULL position: The attenuator is bypassed. The output acts as a THROUGH output. The impedance ...
Why Cant I See my New Cabinets in Torpedo Wireless Remote?
If you have bought new cabinets and wish to use them in your Captor X, C.A.B. M, C.A.B. M+ or OPUS with your mobile device (phone or tablet), you need to first pre-load the cabinets into the unit. This can be actioned by following the guidelines ...
How to Add a New Cabinet into my Captor X?
To import or remove cabinets in your Captor X, you first need to register your device to your Two notes account via Torpedo Remote. You cannot import or remove cabinets when using Torpedo Remote in Guest mode. Use the CABINET MANAGER tab to manage ...